VLIAC 2013 Legislative Priorities
This year the proposed 2014 budget presented extraordinary challenges for low income people and those individuals and families still struggling to get by in these tough economic times.
The Vermont Low Income Advocacy Council’s priorities this year focused on those budget and policy matters that address the issues of employment and poverty in a comprehensive way; that protect the safety net for the most vulnerable among us; that invests resources in the programs that work to the benefit of all Vermonters, and those that reflect our ideals, values, and obligations.
Highlights of VLIAC's Priorities:
- VLIAC Opposes arbitrary time limits on Reach Up benefits.
- VLIAC Opposes the reduction of the State Earned Income Tax Credit
- VLIAC Supports increasing the Childcare Subsidies
- VLIAC Supports increasing the State appropriation to Vermont Legal Aid
- VLIAC Supports an Increase the Vermont IDA & Micro-Business Programs
- VLIAC Supports finding sustainanle funding for LIHEAP Fuel Assistance